Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DO NOT WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY...this is your warning!

Today I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear white after Labor Day...GASP...I know!  I figured it was super nice out and it might be the last chance to wear my white capris to work this year.  I confidently put on my white thong (because of course the white capris are a bit see-through) and capris and headed off to work.  Mid-morning I went to the restroom and as I sat I looked at the thong and realized it had broken!  Yes broken!  I tried to figure out what I could do because I clearly could not go comando with the see-through white capris at work (which is a church Lord help us all)!  My first attempt was to try and tie them back together which worked about as well as me riding my bike to work (a whole other story).  My second attempt was to try and find a safety pin and pin them back together, but the broken part was in a very sensitive area (see diagram below).
So the pinning was out.  I quickly concluded that I must try and place the pieces back where they belong and walk very carefully so as not to loosen them.  By the time I made it back to my desk I had two flapping thong pieces and a view for all to see.
Luckily my lunch was coming so I could go home to change.  When I got home I was sad because this was a new thong and I really didn't want to just throw it out.  Then my Susie homemaker skills set in and I decided I could sew it back together.  I got out my little travel sewing kit from my college survival kit that I still have 7 years later (thank you Aunt Sandy) and began threading my needle.  I stiched and I stiched until I was certain it wouldn't come apart again.  Threw my white capris back on and confidently headed back to work!
The lesson in all of this is...DO NOT WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY!  It is not a suggestion or a fashion disaster, it is real, honest to goodness advice because if you do, no matter how confident you are, something will go wrong.

1 comment:

  1. What a Hoot - This would be another reason I told my girls not to wear a thong. I hope you used white thread.

    ReplyDelete