Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Every Summer Has Its Memories...

It's a sad day when I realize summer is over :(  Although it still feels like summer outside, I hear the school bus in the morning, and see the sun setting slightly earlier each day.  Below are our summer memories...



I took my nephew to the Children's Museum then we had a sleep over...when we dropped him off the next day his Mom asked if he got a little spoiled and his response was, "no mom, I got a lot spoiled!"  LOVE <3


We Grilled A LOT!

We worked on Tom's applications!

We went to Sheboygan, Wisconsin for the 4th of July and Tom and my Dad were in heaven with all the fireworks they could buy and shoot off!  We had our own amazing show right on the beach.


We went fishing and caught all these fish within 4.5 hours (our limit).



Yes, I caught the biggest fish because I am an amazing fish slayer :)

We visited my parents in Des Moines...clearly the dogs love it there!

We enjoyed the beauty of the great outdoors


Nightfall in our backyard


We watched the storms roll in

We went for our yearly all day summer bike ride (thank God it's not a pedal bike ride!).  We rode all around Minnesota.


We rode to Schell Brewery but were turned away from getting any beer.  Clearly they saw Tom and were worried he might drink it all!

We took lots of naps!
And let the dogs give us some love :)



 

I was fortunate enough to get to go to Yosemite National Park in California for my cousin Sarah's wedding and got to see all my family!  It was amazing (although I was sick the entire time :( boo)
 

My Dad and the beautiful bride (my cousin Sarah)


Sarah and me!


Beautiful Yosemite Park

We took another bike trip (overnight this time) with some dear friends to Lanesboro, MN.  This is when we were a bit lost and no one's cell phone or GPS would work.


The campsite


A great picture I got while driving (I wasn't driving) to Lanesboro.

I took my little friend Cortez to the MN state fair and he had a BLAST (although I don't think he ever saw the animals he just rode rides and played games...totally my fault).


He got his face painted like Spiderman!

We had some beautiful flowers pop this summer in our backyard


I was able to grow some vegetables!


Yummy!

I helped a friend out who does Foster Care and took care of these sweeties!


Love <3

We were lucky enough to score some free tickets to the Vikings game (and they actually WON!)


And were so happy to celebrate the marriage of our dear friends Kim & Eric.


What wonderful memories...I hope you had a wonderful summer with many memories to keep forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment