Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Is complaining about people who complain complaining? If it is I'm complaining today.

Everyone does it at some point or another...complain.  But lets be realistic the shit we are complaining about really doesn't even matter in the big scheme of things.  I read a quote recently: "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back."  This really hit home for me when my most serious problem the other day was that I couldn't go get a pedicure because I had already committed to dog sitting.  I mean really if I threw that problem in a pile people would laugh at me and probably try and steal it.
So today, when my co-worker came back from a 6 day vacation complaining that it was so hot, and she didn't pack the right stuff, and they didn't stop on the drive enough I wanted to say..."Seriously, you just went on vacation for 6 days and you are coming back complaining?!?!"  In this economy people are lucky if they have a job, let alone a job with vacation days, plus the money to actually go on vacation.  We should be so happy with what we have because so many people out there are happy with much less than we have.
When my pedicure was delayed one day I reminded myself that there are people in the world who don't have clean water to drink so I shouldn't complain that my feet didn't get to soak in clean water.  Let's all try to be a little more mindful about what we deem appropriate to complain about, because honestly who likes to listen to someone complain about a 6 day vacation???

No comments:

Post a Comment