Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Communication (Not Our Best Quality)

Tom and I admittedly have communication problems.  It's been this way since the dawn of time, or at least since the dawn of our relationship.  It's actually been a running joke with our friends, no matter where we live and no matter what group of friends.

People quickly realize they have to tell us both what is going on because Tom or I won't relay the message to the other person until the last minute or maybe even when we're already on our way.  For example, one time I was half way to Des Moines for the weekend to visit my parents when I realized I hadn't told Tom I was going to be gone.  Molly communication fail.

One time I showed up to dinner at a friend's house straight from the gym, only to find out it was an engagement party and everyone was dressed up.  Also I didn't know the people who had gotten engaged.  Tom communication fail.

Two weekends ago we RSVP'd to three different dinner parties.  We realized it the day before.  Luckily we both went to the first, I left early and went to the second and then met Tom again at the third.  Couple communication fail.

Luckily we are both I am pretty laid back and just go with the flow.  The problem comes when you show up to a wine party without a bottle of wine, or a potluck style party without anything to share.  I am good at blaming Tom and he is good at blaming me, and so the circle goes round.  Really we should probably work on this, and admittedly we try, but I think we are just doomed.  What one person deems important the other doesn't.

Eric and Kim (who really are becoming regular characters in this blog) gave us a hard time this past weekend.


Yep it really did take that much for us all to figure out we were going / meeting at church and going to brunch.  Our lives would probably be much easier if we just talked.  Until then...it's up to you all :)

XO XO,
I Talk A Lot Just Not When It Matters Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment