Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Second Lesson in Blowing

Over the weekend it snowed...again.  This time it was that wet, heavy snow that's perfect for making stuff.  I was feeling claustrophobic from being in the house and decided I would be a child again and go play in the snow with the dogs.  I threw snowballs at them like they were tennis balls, which was actually kind of mean because once the snow balls landed the dogs couldn't find them and kept dunking their heads in the snow thinking I was actually throwing something good.  Rocky was the winner though, finding one snow ball and eating it.

Then I tried to make a snowman, but quickly realized I didn't remember how to make one.  I ended up just getting a big lump of snow that Addie walked on and Rocky peed on.  I gave up.  I tried to take a picture of it for blog purposes, but this is what I got.

See the lump of snow?  Yeah, me either.

Then Tom decided it was time for my second lesson in snow blowing.  You'll remember from a previous post how I thought the first lesson went well, but Tom had serious concerns about my skills???  Well this time I would say it went much better (this statement was later confirmed by Tom himself).

To begin I actually remembered the combination to get into the shed where the snow blower lives (trust me that was a big deal.  Tom has given me that damn combination a million times but I never remember it.  Secretly I wrote it down and looked at it before we went out, but he doesn't have to know that.).

After carefully surveying the shed from outside to ensure there were no spiders, mice, or other animals that might attack me I entered the shed.  I actually remembered what the throttle and choke were and I was able to get the beast started all on my own.

The problem I have with blowing snow is figuring out the best route to blow to prevent the blown snow to land where I've already blown (that's a lot of blows in one sentence!).  Tom saw my confusion / frustration and helped by drawing a map for me.

No joke...this is what he gave me.  My poor sacred Coco La Palm Jamaican Resort never saw it coming (no pun intended).

After having a good laugh at the map, I realized it actually did help.  Up the center and around.  I succeeded in getting the entire driveway blown and Tom succeeded in drinking a beer and laughing at me.  After our driveway was finished Tom wanted to be able to play with his toy a bit and went to the neighbors and blew their driveway for them.  Remember the neighbor Joe who ALWAYS helps us out?  Yeah, instead of having to bake for him this snowstorm we actually got to help.  Tom blew the driveway and I shoveled the sidewalk.

After all the snow playing/blowing we I decided to warm up and watch the Grammy's.  Tom played his flight simulator and yelled from the background who he thought would win each award.

 The dogs clearly could have cared less that Kelly Clarkson was singing her heart out and winning a Grammy.

Overall, I'd say this snowstorm was a success.  Except for the fact that there were no eggs in the house, which Tom decided was the WORST THING EVER!  I will never understand this man.


XO XO,
Eggless Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment