Monday, December 10, 2012

"Oh the weather outside is frightful and it makes me really crabby, and since there's no place to go I'll go to work and be crabby there" (sung to the tune of Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow) Also, a weekend recap.

I'm crabby and I blame Mother Nature...seriously what a bitch.  Dropping 15+ inches of snow is not cool.  The snow started Friday and continued until the wee hours this morning.

Top picture was taken about 10am

Bottom picture was taken about 10pm.  Notice how much shorter the shed and bird feeder are?
Yes, I know these are beautiful pictures and snow can be beautiful blah de blah de blah, but when you have a husband who is working all day and is trying to get home and can hardly get in the neighborhood it's not beautiful.  When you have an important Dr.'s appointment and try leaving the driveway and get all the way to the big hill and realize if you go down the hill you won't be able to get back up and then have to back up all the way back home, it's not pretty.  When you have to try and get to work and the plows have not come, it's not pretty.

But you know what is pretty?  Our amazing neighbor plowing our driveway just because he saw ours wasn't done yet and he was already out doing his.  The dogs jumping and frolicking in the snow and having a great time.  And knowing truly how fortunate I really am to be in a nice warm house when many people are standing in line hoping to get a place in a Shelter for the night.  I guess that puts it in perspective right there, although I'm not going to lie...I'm still crabby.

Since all this snow decided to fall on the weekend, I got to get a lot of projects done around the house, and by projects done around the house I mean two baking fails, organize pinterest, and watch a bunch of Netflix.

Pinterest is amazeballs.  I am so jealous of the people who get to have weddings with pinterest.  I really think there is a true divide between pre & post pinterest weddings.  There are so many cool ideas out there.  Anyway, I was looking for a recipe on my pinterest board this weekend, and realized I really needed to organize my pinterest boards now that I have so many pins.  So that took almost all of Sunday and part of Saturday, oh and also a bit of Friday night.  (This makes me sound super cool doesn't it...a weekend full of pinterest organization).  I'm sure my husband would have liked me to be organizing the house instead of an online bulletin board, but alas, we can't all get what we want now can we?!?  Now, when I go on pinterest it is much easier to find a specific pin.  If you're interested you can follow me on pinterest by clicking the link above in the header!

While organizing all my pinterest boards I came across a few new recipes I'd forgotten I'd pinned.  Since I had time, and all the ingredients I decided to try two of them out.  Both failures.  The first was peanut butter fudge.  Sounds delish right?  Basically the recipe said you just boil some milk and sugar together then add the peanut butter.  So I boiled and added and cooled and when I went to try some...it had separated.  The milk and sugar was all on the bottom and the peanut butter was on the top!  A few minor things I didn't mention...I used skim milk when it called for whole and used all natural chunky peanut butter when it called for Jiff.  Apparently those minor things made a big difference and it all got thrown in the trash.

Second failure (that wasn't a true failure but didn't turn out right)?  These bad boys...


Again, look delish right?  Seemed easy enough put a scoop of brownie batter at the bottom of a muffin tin and top with cookie dough and bake.  So I scooped and topped and baked and got this...






The centers collapsed and the brownies got super hard, but they still tasted good so I brought a plate full over to the neighbor who plowed our driveway.  Hopefully he doesn't break a tooth trying to eat them!

During all of this, I also was able to get our Bose wifi set up (after having it for a year), watched a ton of Netflix, shoveled off the back steps, put beer in the snow for Tom so it would be 'ice' cold, and tried one of the aforementioned beers and decided it tasted like chemicals.  Tom said that's what it is supposed to taste like so he finished it for me and I had a margarita.

Pretty productive weekend I'd say!

XO XO,
cold crabby Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment