Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankfulness November 1, 2013

For the past few years I've seen many friends post something, through social media, they are thankful for each day in the month of November.  I've always thought what a neat idea it was, but my procrastination / lateness continually got in the way and I never got to it.  This year however I remembered and it's still November 1!!!!  So I'm getting on the bandwagon.  Each day for the month I am going to post something I am thankful for.  Some may be serious...others not so much.  We'll see where it goes :)

So Day 1:
Today I am thankful for pictures.  Earlier today I caught myself looking through all my old photos and so many memories came flooding back.  Pictures...snippets of time caught.  It's amazing to me how one picture can elicit so many different memories from people.

For example, this photo of the Hawaii Helicopters brochure.  If you asked anyone in my family they would probably have memories of the beautiful scenery we were flying over.  Or maybe how it was neat that when we flew near the waterfall it seemed like it was raining.  But for me, this photo reminds me of how I was experiencing my first bout of motion sickness.  This photo is the brochure I was staring at trying to focus on one thing and breathe so I wouldn't throw up.
The following photos are photos I love.  Photos that I will cherish forever.  Photos that bring back so many memories.


My Uncle Ed and Me.  Uncle Ed was my Dad's Dad's Twin brother.  He was a very special man.  I love that he was on the trike with me.

This photo actually makes me mad.  But mad is a memory so I think it's allowed.  This photo was taken in Michigan.  My parents drove to Iowa City and picked me up from college and drove us to the University of Michigan where my brother was playing soccer against them.  We were excited to actually get to see one of my bothers games.  The coaches saw that we were there and said "hi" to us.  Then the game started and finished and my brother never played a second of the game.  Assholes.  This picture was taken after the game.  Our smiles are super fake.


My first picture with my first nephew Tyler.  He's pretty much the coolest kid ever.  I love this picture :) 


This is Tom in the tub with Tyler.  I remember walking in to the bathroom and loving the fact that Tom was actually in the tub with him.  I knew then that Tom would be a great Dad.



Tom and I couldn't get away for a honeymoon after our wedding so over the following Easter we took a little time and drove down to stay at Casa De Lieving :)  My Aunt and Uncle live in Sarasota, Florida and opened their house up to us.  They weren't even there at the beginning!  Tom thought it was awesome that they had a big fork and spoon like the parents in "Everybody Loves Raymond" and one night took them off the wall and tried using them :)

This picture was also taken on our "honeymoon" in Florida.  One night we got together with my cousin Annie and her family who live nearby.  Of course this picture is cute of Hayden and Cooper and Tom and the ice cream cone that is as big as Hayden's head, but the backstory is what really makes this story a good memory.  As I was taking the picture my cousin Annie was quietly asking me if Tom always had cankles or if it was just the sunburn because she was concerned for my future children!  HAHA!!!! Tom had gotten super sunburnt the day before and his ankles got suuuuper swollen.  It was hilarious!!!


This picture makes me laugh because it was the first time my brother had been on a motorcycle and also Tom was not to excited about having a dude on the back of his bike.  I'm pretty sure they never left the neighborhood!


This is at Tom's white coat ceremony before starting medical school.  Tom was pissed I was making him take this picture!

 
This is the day after Tom and I got engaged.  Our first full Mullin family photo!


One of the first pictures we took of Rocky.  When we first got him all he did was lay around.  He didn't know what to do with toys.  Poor baby. 


Tom and I took a motorcycle ride to the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Tom is peeing in the picture not looking out over the scenery :)


 This is the Father / Daughter dance at our wedding.  I can tell you exactly what my Dad is saying in this picture, "Is it ok if we just stand here at look at the slideshow?"  We had a slideshow going behind the dancing of when I was little and also one of Tom when he was little.  My Dad wanted to watch it instead of dance :)


 Tom and my first picture EVER!  Not to shabby that it was in Jamaica :)


I love this picture.  My Mom, her parents and me screaming!  Also I love the teddy bear that my Mom is holding.  It was this little green bear that we always snuck in my Dad's suitcase when he had to travel.


My Dear Uncle Bruce (Boogie).  The last picture I have with him before the Alzheimer's really took over :(  I can see it a bit in this photo but I still love it.


COUSINS!!!  You have no idea how long it took to get all of us rallied together for this photo!  Ben was getting a bit antsy :) 


Grandpa, Me, Uncle Ed.  One of my All Time Favorite Pictures EVER! 


MY ALL TIME FAVORITE PICTURE EVER.  This is my Grandma and me at my preschool graduation.




While going through my pictures I found these three.  All of me with my Aunt Sandy.  Basically the same pose.  Pretty cool.


I remember thinking I was pretty cool getting to wear makeup for my dance photo. 


 This photo represents life growing up.  Dad coming home late from having conferences and Ben and I in our Brace Face T-shirts ready for bed.  My cross-bite and cowlick are out of control!

My cousin Sarah, Ben and I in Mexico staying at Casa Bruce.  We were waving "hi" to Uncle Bruce (Boogie) for this picture. 


I was in swim team.  I sucked at swim team.  This photo represents the best color ribbon I EVER received.  Yellow.  Brown was my usual color.  Pretty sure those are like 9 & 10th place. 

These photos were taken in an airport in one of those booths.  It was either Mother's Day or my Mom's birthday.  These pictures were her present.  Probably the best present ever.  Seriously how awesome!


My cousin Sarah, my Grandma, and I.  I like this photo because I know it was taken in Florida at my Aunt and Uncle's house.  I like knowing that my grandma made it there. 


Ben and I obviously were both having bad hair day's on this picture day :)


Love this photo.  At any wedding you could always find me dancing on my Dad's feet :)  Also this was one of my favorite dresses because when you spun around it twirled out. 


Ahh...so many memories.


XO XO,
Molly



No comments:

Post a Comment