Thursday, November 21, 2013

Picking Up Where We Left Off

Holy Cow it's been busy around here!  I turned 31, experienced my first professional hockey game, hosted our first guest to our new place (other than my parents), and experienced my first Duke Men's Basketball game.  Whew!  I'm tired.  All of those exciting adventures combined with a few others got me a cold and no voice.  I still sound like I work for a 1-900 # and if I would have known it was going to stick around for so long I probably would have applied.  I could have made some mad quick money.  Although I probably would have gotten fired pretty quickly when they realized I didn't have any idea what I was doing!  HA!  Can you imagine me on the other end of a 1-900 call???  Never mind don't imagine that.
Ok getting back on track.  Thankfulness...

Wednesday, November 13
Wednesday I was thankful for the reminder of how many great friends and family I have.  So many sweet birthday wishes were sent my way on Tuesday.  It's always nice to know people are thinking of you on your special day.  I was also thankful for my left-over cheesecake.  Tom kept asking what I wanted to do for my birthday and all I said was, "I don't care what we do.  I just want cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory for dessert."
So many choices!

We also went to the Carolina Hurricanes game.  My first professional hockey experience.  It was totally cool especially when the other team pulled their goalie at the end.  Also...they served coffee with Bailey's which was pretty delicious :) and kept me warm.

Thursday, November 14
Thursday I was thankful for lozenges.  My cold started with a sore throat Wednesday night and got fierce Thursday.  Lozenges were my best friend.

Friday, November 15
Friday...Friday I was thankful for a lot of things.  I was thankful for my brother.  Random I know, but I was thankful that he has such an awesome girlfriend.  Who just happened to come stay with us for a long weekend.  I was also thankful for her (Emily is her name) adventurous spirit.  And I was thankful for Billy.  Let me explain...
Emily came to stay with us for a long weekend.  Emily is a die hard UNC basketball fan.  
***sidenote: I did not know this before her arrival.*** 
 So on Thursday night when she said she was the biggest UNC fan I thought that Friday we could go check out the stadium.  She about peed her pants right in my living room just at the idea of going to see the stadium.  So Friday afternoon we drove over to UNC.  A few obstacles stood in our way that we were not prepared for.  One Vice-President Biden was on campus so security was incredibly tight.  Two it was game day and the stadium was not open to the public.  All doors locked no matter how many sad faces you pressed against them.  However, with our determination and Emily's no fear attitude and I quote, "Molly if we get arrested run I'll take one for the team!" we were not only in the stadium but on the court within an hour.
Pictures to prove it!
Thanks to a sweet old man Billy who told us we had 30 seconds and that if anyone asked us we knew him, we got to walk through the tunnel the team comes out of and stand on the court.  Emily thought she was going to throw up.  I even got excited and I could care less about UNC basketball.  It pretty much made Emily's year.

Saturday, November 16
Saturday I was thankful for another gorgeous fall day.  Emily and I planned on going to the Duke vs. Miami football game.  We never imagined we would go in short sleeve shirts and not need the hot chocolate and Rum Chata to stay warm!  It was damn near 75 degrees at kick off.  The game was awesome and Duke actually pulled out a win.  I shouldn't say actually, they are quite good this year.  I think it might have something to do with the Sports Medicine Fellow they have this year, but who knows! :)

Yes Emily did wear a Nebraska shirt to the game.  I offered her plenty of Duke gear but she was determined to get on TV wearing her Go Big Red shirt.  And no we didn't realize we both posed the exact same way!  We're losers.

Sunday, November 17
Sunday I was thankful for good conversation.  Emily and I stayed up waaaay past our bedtimes talking and I loved every minute of it.  As I said here I love Emily.  We get along so well.  She fits perfectly into our family.  I would probably disown my brother if they ever broke up (kidding Ben).

Monday, November 18
Monday I was thankful for Tom and free basketball tickets.  Tom has been working like a mad man lately.  Right now football and basketball are in season so it is quite crazy.  Last week he was in California for basketball and tomorrow he leaves for Alabama for football.  Needless to say he is exhausted.  But Monday he was such a trooper and took me to the Duke Men's Basketball game.  He may or may not have had to slam a whiskey coke just to stay awake before we left.  Late in the afternoon he got a text from someone saying there were two extra tickets for the game and did he want them.  He texted me to see if I wanted to go and of course I said YES!  Tickets are impossible to come by so when the opportunity presents itself for free ones you better jump on it quickly.  The seats were way at the tippity top of the stadium, but for the last 2 minutes Tom used his all access pass to get us where he gets to sit when he works the games.
 A pic of where our original seats were.  Yep!  WAAAAY up there!

 Ok, our new seats were pretty sweet.

After the game was over.

Tuesday, November 19
Tuesday I was thankful for a co-worker with keys.  I got myself locked out of work.  I had to sit and wait for an hour.  Thankfully my co-worker who was coming in to Train at 5:30 had keys.  I'm an idiot.  Pretty sure my boss is regretting the decision to hire me....hopefully not.

Wednesday, November 20
Yesterday!  Yay we are finally getting caught up!  Yesterday I was thankful for movie night.  Tom and I put everything else aside last night to just relax and watch a movie.  And let's be honest I didn't really have anything to put aside...it was all Tom putting his work aside for one night to spend it with me and an ok movie.  It was pretty nice snuggling on the couch.  I soaked in every moment knowing they are pretty rare this year.  Also he liked it when I used my 1-900 voice and whispered in his ear but we won't go into those details.  This is a PG-13 blog :)

Hugs and Kisses to you all!

XO XO,
Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment