Saturday, November 3, 2012

An Interview with My Mom (30 Before 30 #21)

First off, how do you feel about Molly turning 30?
It's kind of unbelief.  I remember making cookies with her in the sling and playing for hours and hours when she was a baby and now I turn my back and she's already 30.  How can time go so fast?  Unbelievable.

What's your favorite story to tell about Molly when she was little?
Her caring and loving nature came through so early.  When her Dad was so sick she was about 15mo. and she drug her blanket all the way from her room down the stairs one step at a time all the way to her Dad to lay her little blanket on him.
Oh also, when she did flips and cart-wheels on the soccer field.  She wasn't too interested in playing soccer.

Picking her butt on the soccer field...not too interested that the ball is RIGHT there!


What's your favorite story to tell about Molly as an older gal?
When she was finally singing in a very prestigious high school choir with a guest conductor she finally got to be in the front row and was sharing music with her best friend Ann and all of a sudden they dropped the music.  A HUGE venue.  Then Molly in her beautiful choir uniform (a dress) bent over in front of everyone to try and pick up the music.  Ann & Molly were laughing so hard.  Needless to say they were never in the front row again.

What's your favorite picture of Molly?
When she wore a pink dress as a flower girl in Mary Cornwell Garza's wedding.  She was so sweet and knew she had to lead her cousin Chad down the aisle at 3 years old.
(I can't find it right now, but I'll try to update later).

Do you read the blog regularly?
Yes!  Now that I know how to get on it :)


Did Molly & Ben get along well growing up?  What about now?
LOL...well I think they loved each other a lot.  They got along well on Sunday's after church when they played the naked game and ran around the house crazy like.  They were at different stages and definitely a boy and a girl.  Molly was very intolerant and Ben was very impatient.
Now, I think it's at a more mature level and they see each other as young adults.  They want good things for each other.  They respect each other and are not judgemental.

What was your first impression of Tom?  How do you feel about him now?
Oh...um...massive good looking Minnesotan...and smart.  He was shy at first with me.
Now, LOLOLOLOL...I think he...how can I say it...I just think of him as another son that I can hug and love up on.  I see how hard he works for everything and how many achievements he's made because of his focus.  He works hard and plays hard.  Kind of like my husband.

Tell us about a time Molly was super naughty.
When she wouldn't do something...oh what was it???  Help me remember.  She was kind of stubborn as I remember.  Molly do you remember one that I don't recall???  Let's see when she was little and playing...I don't think she was ever very naughty.
Oh I remember a time she was super naughty...a time she wanted to wear something inappropriate to school.  She missed the bus and I told her she would have to knock down the door to get by me because she weren't wearing that.  Finally she went up and changed.  Molly was really mad at me. (Um p.s. I was wearing overalls with a short shirt that showed my sides a tiny little bit.  It wasn't that bad.)

Tell us about a time Molly did something to melt your heart.
She's always been so thoughtful in every regard.  When she surprised me for my birthday last year.  And always cheering me up with her sense of humor and teasing me.

Anything else we should know?
That Molly is a very talented young woman.  She's been able to use her talents in any way they've needed to be used whether a job, in your house, a real helper with Tom, and amazingly been able to learn how to rake and go outside and help Tom.  That's something we never thought she would do with her allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment