Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reflections

I've learned quite a few things since starting 30 Before 30.  Some came from writing the posts, some came from hearing feedback from readers of the posts, and some just came for no reason other than to teach me a lesson.
So without further ado...
My lessons, realizations, reflections, and thoughts on turning 30
  1. There is never a convenient time to have a messy house (you never know when your parents might just show up or your husband may decide that one tiny room that no one uses in your house is driving him bonkers and will freak out about it.)
  2. I have a sick addiction to cookie dough (which leads into number 3)
  3. There is never a convenient time to be...well..not fit.  When you have to crop out half your arm and three chins from a picture you know its time to lay off the cookie dough and hit the gym.
  4.  When setting tables up for a group make sure the tables are level unless there are kids there to blame all the spilling on.
  5. I love margaritas (I might have already known this but it was a good reminder)
  6. My mom taught me some really good lessons growing up (like how to make donkey noises)
  7. I can't hang with the big boys while playing dodgeball
  8. I had a very long awkward stage while growing up
  9.  Be happy in the moment and live in the moment...you never know what's in store for the future.
  10.  Don't compare the past to the present...times change, people change, and fashion changes
  11. My wedding really was beautiful (word of advice to those of you who are not yet married: have someone video record it...I was totally against having it recorded and now wish so badly that I had.  Oh and also spend the money for a good photographer...you don't want to end up with bulletin boards and garment bags in the background of pictures.)
  12. I don't know what I would do without my puppies.  Not only do they save money on napkins, but they keep me warm when sleeping in the guest room.
  13. I REALLY HAVE TO WORK ON NOT BEING SO DAMN LAZY.  I promise I am working on it.
  14. I have an amazingly supportive and funny family and extended family and am so lucky to have married into Tom's family who is also amazingly supportive and funny.
  15. My husband is the best thing that's ever happened to me.  He's made me a better person, he's taught me life lessons, he's by my side no matter what, and he makes me laugh daily.  I can't imagine life without him. (Side note: He doesn't read the blog because he says he lives it, so don't tell him about all the compliments and mushy crap ok???)
Thanks for taking this journey with me.  I still have a few stories that I didn't quite get to that will come out at some point.

Love to the cookie dough,
XO XO

No comments:

Post a Comment