Thursday, November 22, 2012

Get yer stretchy pants out




Amen!  Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday.  The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the food, family, football...all of it!  I love it!
I love waking up to the smells of turkey and pumpkin pie and the sound of Al Roker introducing the next float.  Although now that I'm older I don't get to wake up to the smells of anything cooking unless I've put it in the oven in my sleep (wouldn't put it past me) and the sounds I wake up to come from the person in the bed with me and they come with their own smells that I won't go into detail on.
It's funny how holidays and traditions change as you get older.  We tried to keep some traditions, but when we lived in Virginia it was just the two of us so we started some of our own traditions, but now that we are back by family those traditions have flown out the window and new traditions have started. I think once we start our own family we will stick to some traditions, but right now we are up for anything!  As long as there is pie.  mmmm pie...
So as I pull on my stretchy pants and head out the door, I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving.

XO XO,
tryptophan Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment