Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Poisoned My Entire 4th Grade Class (30 Before 30 #3)

I don't even remember what we were learning about.  I just remember every student in the class was assigned to bring in a cheese for the entire class to sample (my teacher was probably hosting a wine and cheese night and figured she could use our leftovers).  I was assigned a cheese I had never heard of.  My mom and I went to Hy-Vee the night before I was supposed to bring the cheese in, bought it, cut it up and put it in a container to take to school.  I put it in my backpack right away (so I wouldn't forget it in the morning) and went to bed.  I woke up the next morning, headed to school and pulled out my cheese from the container while unpacking my backpack at my hook.  I noticed most kids had their cheese in a lunchbox with an ice pack or something to keep it cool and that's when it hit me.  I'd left cheese in my backpack all night long and was about to serve it to my entire 4th grade class.
Now I was already on the shit list with my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Mataloni (I don't know why she hated me so much) so I couldn't very well say I had forgotten about the cheese assignment.  So I quietly set up my cheese station including a flag from the country it was made in (an extra touch my mom and I had thought of to try and get back in the good graces of Mrs. Mataloni).  I gave my quick little presentation about my cheese and handed out the samples.  Everyone thought it tasted disgusting (I wouldn't know because I didn't eat any because I knew it was rotten).  My teacher said some cheeses had stronger tastes than others and moved on to the next kid while discreetly spitting her sample out on a napkin.
I didn't know if I should say anything or not, but figured I could keep it a secret unless someone actually got sick.  I guess no one ever got sick since this is the first time I'm coming clean :)

P.S. I learned my lesson so you can safely eat cheese at my house...you can find it in the refrigerator!


No comments:

Post a Comment