Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Great Name Change of '91 (30 Before 30 #5)

I believe it was in second grade when I decided to change my name.  All the girls had brown hair and brown eyes and were named Melissa or Jennifer.  Here I was blond hair and blue eyes named Molly.  No one had that name.  I wanted a longer name.  I told my mom about my dilemma and she told me a BIG secret.  She said that I was actually named after her Aunt Mollie and when they named me Molly they thought that is how it was spelled.  She said if I wanted a longer name I couldn't change my name, but I could change the way it was spelled.  So...



But then a few years later (5th grade) I believe I decided I didn't like Mollie any more and went back to Molly.  So...

Don't be jealous of the bangs
 And that is the great name change of '91!

No comments:

Post a Comment