Thursday, October 11, 2012

Top 10 Bathroom Products (Part 1)

I feel like every girl always likes to know what other girls use in the bathroom, so here are my Top 10 Bathroom Products (Click on the name of the product for a link if available):

1. Avalon Organics Shampoo / Conditioner

I really like these products.  There are no bad chemicals, and my hair feels really soft and clean.  I use the scalp treatment shampoo / conditioner about 2-3 times a week and the clarifying lemon all the other days.

2. Pointy Tweezers

These come in handy all the time.  I've used them to get splinters out, to pull a tick of Rocky once, and of course to pluck the stray hairs.  I like them because the end is super small and pointy not like some tweezers that have bigger angled edges.

3. Bare Minerals Face Wash / Make-Up

All of my face wash and cosmetics are Bare Minerals except my eye make-up.  I have to have all gluten free eye make-up and I haven't found one particular product I am super fond of yet.  I use the exfoliating facial scrub twice a week and the deep cleansing foam every other day.  I use the original foundation, summer bisque concealer, mineral veil and faux tan for my base.  Then whatever blush and lip gloss I feel like wearing for the day.  All are bare minerals.  Seriously this is the best make-up ever.  If you are interested in trying out the products I advise you to go to an actual Bare Minerals store (not Ulta or Sephora) and have them help you.  They will actually teach you how to use the product, which brushes to use and help you find your right colors.  There is no pressure to buy but they will write everything down for you so if you decide you want to buy later you have exactly what you need.  Also the website is super user friendly so its easy once you know what you need to just order on there.

4. Neutrogena Pads
These are great because you can just dab around on your face or you can wipe your whole face if necessary.  You can use one pad (if just dabbing) multiple times which is nice too.  They are pretty strong, but they do work.  After washing my face with my Bare Minerals face wash I dry my face and dab any trouble spots with these and then moisturize my entire face with my Bare Minerals face moisturizer.  I usually let the dogs outside in the morning while I am waiting for the dabbing to dry then moisturize.

I learned a tip recently from a very nice Sephora employee...If you use an oil based eye make-up remover it will remove waterproof mascara quite easily and she was right.  I used to always buy the oil free eye make-up remover, but could never get all my eye make-up off.  But since changing to the oil based ones I haven't had any problems.  Again with these you can use each pad multiple times if you don't have a ton of eye make-up on.

These are the greatest.  They don't fall apart when you blow your nose or spill something, and they aren't super puffy so they don't leave white crap all over your face.  Also, they are super soft so if you are actually sick or have bad allergies like me your nose doesn't get all red.  The best part is they don't have stupid lotion on them.  I hate those lotiony kleenex.  All they do is make me get zits all over my already sore nose.  NO THANK YOU!  Buy these they are soft and lovely...your nose will thank you :)

We registered for these when we got married (5 years ago) and they are still puffy and soft and absorbent.  We love them.  I hate cheap crappy towels that fall apart after 3 washings and leave crumbs of fabric all over your nice clean body.  These do none of those things and for that I love them.  They are worth the price and you can often find them on sale at Macy's.  Tom likes the big size and I like the regular size.

I have no opposition to any other brands of flat irons, this is just what I have and like.  It heats up really well and straightens my hair which is really all it needs to do.  You might be wondering why it's on my top 10 list after that boring description, but if you no me well you know I am a night showerer.  Which means I let my hair air dry while I am sleeping, so when I wake up I never am quite sure what my hair will look like, a good straightener is necessary!

The description is in the name..."ouchless".  Really that's all that matters.  Can I rip this thing out of my hair and not have it hurt.  If so, your on my list!  These do the trick.  They hold all my hair without slipping out a million times during the day and they don't hurt to pull out.  If you come to my house or look through my purse you will probably find these all over.  I usually have one around my wrist too.

Seriously go buy one of these now!!!!  Or if you know Dr. Langwith go beg him for one (that's what Tom and I always do...Love you DAD!)  Anyways, these are awesome.  My teeth have never felt cleaner.  The best part about the one I currently have is it has different settings so if I want a super deep clean of the mouth I can set it for deep clean, if I am in a hurry I set it for brushup and if I need a regular ole cleaning I set it to normal.  When you use these toothbrushes you don't have to do anything but hold it in your mouth and move it from tooth to tooth.  It does the rest.  Don't push or your gums will hurt (trust me).  These are the best toothbrushes and you NEED one!

Ok, so there it is...my top 10 Bathroom Products (Part 1).  Part 2 will have more...I couldn't choose only 10 there are too many!  Would any of these be on your list?  What products are you keeping secret that I should know about???

XO XO

No comments:

Post a Comment